We the undersigned petition The Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead to Improve and properly maintain (but keep) the Sutherland Grange Recycling Centre. We need to improve community facilities in Dedworth rather than close them down- the RBWM must act now to improve this community facility. More details
More details from petition creator
Sutherland Grange is a popular recycling facility in Dedworth which should be expanded and improved, telling residents to make unnecessary car journeys to Maidenhead tip is not the answer!
I ask the RBWM to carefully consider the following improvements:
1. Remove the charity bins which often get misused and replace with more recycling bins within frames like the existing bins.
2. Improve the fencing at the back of the site to stop fly tipping in the bushes.
3. To have the bins emptied on a more regular basis with a single contractor appointed to maintain the site.
4. To install a good resolution CCTV with night vision to capture evidence of misuse and fly tipping.
5. Use evidence from the camera to send out fixed penalty notices, this will recover the cost of the camera and get the message out that fines will be sent.
6. Implement regular patrols by community wardens.
7. Allow this area within the RBWM adopt a street scheme so volunteers can help oversee and manage the site.
Mark David, the petition creator, joined by:
- ed wilson
- Peter Clare
- Sharon Rogers
- Susan Smith
- Jan Barber
- Charlotte rogers
- Sue Linton
- John Webb
- Dominic Sanderson
- Jim Gillanders
- Linda Geary
- Steve Day
- Jason Pollard
- Jack bowley
- James Tapping
- Hans KJÃRSGAARD
- Catherine Auty
- Alice Hunt
- Carolyn osgood
- Michael Waite
- Janice Blackmore
- John Blackmore
- Norma Wood
- Malcolm Alexander